Consumer Confessions: How does UGC Impact and Influence the Shopping Experience?
I’m going to start this blog post with an assumption – you know that user-generated content helps you to build engaging shopping experiences and connects your shoppers and customers. You are, after all, reading a blog post on the site of a UGC provider.
While I may feel it’s safe to assume that you know the value of UGC, I wasn’t so sure what consumers thought. I wanted to know how UGC impacted purchase decisions and the shopping experience overall.
So, we went directly to consumers in the US and asked them how UGC shapes their buying habits and shopping experiences. We asked how the value proposition of UGC compares to incentives such as discounts and free shipping offers.
The results of this survey have been collected, analyzed and published in “Hearing the Voice of the Consumer: UGC and the Commerce Experience.”
Here are some highlights from the report:
- Most shoppers (81%) will pay more and wait longer to receive products that are paired with UGC.
- Shoppers under 30 report a greater influence of UGC in purchasing decisions versus older respondents.
- Of those aged 18-29, 97% report UGC has an extreme influence.
- Nearly two-thirds of shoppers (63%) believe UGC creates a more authentic shopping experience.
- Nearly three-quarters (73%) say UGC increases their purchasing confidence. Nearly two-thirds (61%) report UGC encourages them to engage with brands.
Download the full, data-packed 49-page report today!