August 18, 2009 by George Eberstadt
The enhancements in this release improve both the user experience and the value for sites that use the system. Here’s a summary:
The widget now shows basic social shopping content to all users without requiring any sign-up:
- Items recently recommended by other shoppers
- Popular items
- The number of neighbors who also shop at the store and the items those neighbors have purchased (based on zip code matches)
Users can now import their friends list without ever leaving the widget and immediately see how many of their friends are also customers of the store and what those friends bought. All the information is anonymous, but shoppers can request the store to send a connect invitation on their behalf to those friends. This new approach has a number of benefits:
- Shoppers see more first-degree friend reference information
- Shoppers have a way to connect to friends who have not yet opted in to the site’s “trusted reference system” while still preserving customers’ privacy
- The sign-up flow for shoppers is cleaner and more intuitive
We’ve made a slew of visual and usability improvements. Please go to one of our partner sites and have a look.
Sites currently using the TurnTo system will get this upgrade without any action required.
February 4, 2009 by George Eberstadt
Here’s our second presentation from day 2 at the OnMedia conference. This one is a straight-up product demo and company backgrounder without the “theory” from yesterday. The TurnTo part runs from min. 36-46. (As with yesterday’s, we’ll swap in the individual video once we get it from the conference.)
November 8, 2008 by George Eberstadt
Happy to announce some new features from the last few releases:
- Connect TurnTo to your Facebook friends
- See friends-of-friends and people-who-live-near-you in the widget on our partner sites
- Streamlined registration flow and Add Friends page
- Lots of things are faster
We have also added lots of enhancements that make implementation and management even easier for our partner sites. Enjoy!